Nuneaton Golf Club
Nuneaton Golf Club
Nuneaton Golf Club

Captain's Charities 2024

Each year the incoming Captains nominate their chosen charity(ies). Over the years, very worthy local and national charities have received thousands of pounds worth of donations. 

For 2024 the Captains’ Charities are Zoe’s Place Baby Hospice and Rainbow Trust.


Zoe’s Place Baby Hospice specialises in supporting early-years children who have life-limiting or life-threatening complex illnesses or profound disabilities with a wide range of diagnoses.

Their nurse-led care focusses on helping babies and young children make the most of everyday moments and experiences, with further support available for the whole family.

They offer a range of therapies and activities for children who stay with them for regular, short stay respite care, helping them to embrace their childhood. For those children who sadly need it, they provide end of life care and are able to support families after the death of a child.

Family members and carers can access counselling and complementary therapies to help support them through their child’s illnesses, with bereavement counselling also available.

Their team of paediatric nurses, play leaders and counsellors offer additional support to the siblings of children using their services.

Around 80% of the cost of running Zoe’s Place is funded through donations and legacies.  The other 20% of income is secured from statutory sources. Fundraising is vital to ensure that Zoe’s Place can continue to offer services free of charge to those children and families who need their support.

Without the generosity of supporters they would simply not be able to continue to operate.

Darren Cerio - Club Captain


I chose Rainbow Trust for my year as Lady Captain of Nuneaton Golf Club, because I can only imagine how harrowing it must be to have a child with a serious illness.

At Rainbow Trust they support families that have had their life turned upside down. They match families with a family support worker who will provide practical and emotional support.

Caring for a sick child is often traumatic, and demanding and isolating for the whole family. The family support workers give them vital support during diagnosis, treatment, and if required, though bereavement.

I am sure no one would ever what to go through a time like that.

Any money collected for my charity will be so very much appreciated by the people, which may need this help and support in the future.

Sue Dickens - Lady Captain